Junior CNC Machinist
Who is KC Seals:
KC Seals is a polymeric seal manufacturer and distributor based in Calgary, Alberta. For over the past 25 years we have worked collaboratively with our clientele to come up with the best possible sealing solutions for their mechanical systems. During this time, we’ve had the amazing opportunity to go behind the scenes of some of the most unique engineering designs. From doing custom solutions for R&D at Boeing, to supplying standard sealing parts for complex drilling equipment, or helping to provide food grade material for local craft breweries. Each day is different and can bring new challenges at KC Seals. That’s why we are always looking for and continue to invest in individuals that help us navigate through these obstacles, so we can continue on our path of becoming the first choice for engineered polymer sealing solutions.
Right now, we are looking to expand our sealing manufacturing capacity with acquiring a Junior CNC Machinist. We are ideally looking for a proficient, punctual, and dedicated machinist to help aid us in manufacturing and become a team player in our machining facility. Programming with G-code is essential, as we often directly program parts from a drawing, no need for CAM however, it is desirable. The candidate will have to work regular hours, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm and be required to work overtime when necessary.
The ideal individual will be able to program, setup and run a machine independently from a drawing. The machines we use are Siemens Sinumerik CNC lathes with C-axis although, with Fanuc, Fagor, Haas or Mazak experience will equally suffice. The current work will be based around a CNC center but in the near future there will be the need for an experience CNC miller, this will of course be a space for promotion. The individual will also need to show confidence in their ability and pride in their work. You may also be required to do other smaller jobs such as helping with other manufacturing, packing, or simply just helping out where it is needed. Experience in machining plastics is ensured to fast track you to an interview, we machine no metal here.
- Able to read and understand drawings.
- Program, setup and run 1st off on precision parts.
- Understand established quality standards with high attention to detail.
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring instruments such as a CMM.
- Can effectively meet production deadlines and respond quickly to schedule changes.
- Must be able to effectively read, write, and speak English.
- Confident in working in metric and understanding imperial conversions.
- Effectively understand and write G-code programming.
- CNC Machining experience an asset, but not necessary as we do offer training.
- Ideally familiar with Solidworks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to research information.
All resumes will be held in confidence.