General Purpose FKM Low
Temperature Rating: -55°C / -67°F
General Purpose FKM High
Temperature Rating: 125°C/ 302°F
Cure system - Sulfur-Cured vs. Peroxide-Cured
Standard EPDMs are usually sulfur-cured. Sulfur-cured compounds offer better flexible properties but are more prone to hardening and poorer compression set with high temperature. Peroxide-cured EPDMs have better heat resistance and lower compression set. It complies with long time usage especially for hose systems in the construction industry, but at the same time is more expensive and more difficult for production than the sulfur-cured.
Performs Well In...
- Automotive brake fluid
- Ketones Dilute acids and alkalis
- Silicone oils & greases
- Steam to 400°F
- Phosphate ester based hydraulic fluids - Skydrol(R)
- Ozone, aging & weathering
Does Not Perform Well In...
- Aliphatic & Aromatic hydrocarbons
- Di-ester based lubricants
- Halogenated solvents
- Petroleum based oils & greases