General Purpose FKM Low Temperature Rating: -26°C / -15°F
General Purpose FKM High Temperature Rating: 232°C/ 450°F
Special Compound Low Temp FKM: -40°C / 40°F
Special Compound High Temp FKM: 275°C / 525°F
Cure system – Bisphenol cured vs. Peroxide-Cured
Standard FKM compounds are Bisphenol cured. FKM compounds with peroxide-cured possess better acid solution resistance than the bisphenol cured, and can replace litharge-cured applied in acid solution. In some lubricants, adding a few organic amides or amines, means choosing peroxide curing system Viton® will be better than bisphenol curing system.
Performs Well In...
- Petroleum products
- Fuel or blend with methanol or ethanol
- Diesel or blend with biodiesel
- Mineral oil and grease
- Silicone oil and grease
- High vacuum
- Ozone, weather and very high temperature air
- Strong acid
Does Not Perform Well In...
- Low molecular weight organic acids (formic and acetic acids)
- Superheat steam
- Low molecular weight esters and ethers.
- Phosphate ester based hydraulic fluids - Skydrol(R)